I'll never walk like those girls do
My hair will never shine like theirs does
I try to rise but the knife went through
Neither of us recall what I was
I hold on tightly, tightly to the nothing
In my dreams, your arms keep me warm
In my voice, the cracking shadows sing
I push down the emotional storm
You don't want to hear it, don't want to hear
And so I bury it, I clench my fists
My crying mimics laughter to your ear
I don't know what love is but it can't be this
And so I sit and weep by the moon
Just like your heart, at least I'll fade soon
My hair will never shine like theirs does
I try to rise but the knife went through
Neither of us recall what I was
I hold on tightly, tightly to the nothing
In my dreams, your arms keep me warm
In my voice, the cracking shadows sing
I push down the emotional storm
You don't want to hear it, don't want to hear
And so I bury it, I clench my fists
My crying mimics laughter to your ear
I don't know what love is but it can't be this
And so I sit and weep by the moon
Just like your heart, at least I'll fade soon
No comments:
Post a Comment