The little elephant hurried along
“Faster faster now I just want to fly”
She cried, blowing her trunk out in a song
I raised an eyebrow as she darted by
Step by step she disappeared into dawn
Her skin a soft pink, her gait a soft run
I hesitated too long; she was gone
What was that song, sweet song she had sung?
Lost in her joy, the world was delight
She saw no death, no fear, no horror
From out of her eyes, shone a peach light
Whatever she gazed upon grew purer
I’ll never forget the way the pink elephant ran
Although it is certain I’ll never see her again
“Faster faster now I just want to fly”
She cried, blowing her trunk out in a song
I raised an eyebrow as she darted by
Step by step she disappeared into dawn
Her skin a soft pink, her gait a soft run
I hesitated too long; she was gone
What was that song, sweet song she had sung?
Lost in her joy, the world was delight
She saw no death, no fear, no horror
From out of her eyes, shone a peach light
Whatever she gazed upon grew purer
I’ll never forget the way the pink elephant ran
Although it is certain I’ll never see her again
No comments:
Post a Comment