His eyes see everything, only not me
Hoping to spot me to ignore my face
He knows I am hurt but so easily
And he wants to erase my every trace
Not a trace of the girl he once loved left
and he can forget what he once felt
The lips that he once so dearly caressed
The hair he held softly while I knelt
So he looks for me, searching the faces
Of any girl with my scant figure
He thinks he sees me and so he braces
Until he realizes 'it's not her'
What he wants he'll never admit...
To not love me and for me to know it
Hoping to spot me to ignore my face
He knows I am hurt but so easily
And he wants to erase my every trace
Not a trace of the girl he once loved left
and he can forget what he once felt
The lips that he once so dearly caressed
The hair he held softly while I knelt
So he looks for me, searching the faces
Of any girl with my scant figure
He thinks he sees me and so he braces
Until he realizes 'it's not her'
What he wants he'll never admit...
To not love me and for me to know it
No comments:
Post a Comment